TEAM Project No. TEAM/2016-2/14
Functional Hybrid Materials and Interfaces ‘FUNMAT-FACE’
Project leader: Prof. Janusz Lewiński
Project duration: April 2017 – March 2020
Project value: PLN 2 950 000
The project is realized within the TEAM programme of Foundation for Polish Science, cofinanced by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
The project aims to develop novel synthetic approaches leading from well-defined molecular components to various nano-scaled inorganic-organic materials with specific functions, which are now required to support the unprecedented technological advances that have occurred throughout the 21st century. By bringing together the most talented young researchers we plan to carry out a two-channel research program that will focus on the most important classes of inorganic-organic hybrid materials nowadays: (i) nanoparticulate semiconductors, represented herein by ZnO nanocrystals and (ii) 3D porous metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). The interdisciplinary research approach of this project will be supported by the reputable experts across the Europe in the areas of design and synthesis of dynamic self-assemblies, comprehensive structural characterization of interfaces, advanced time-resolved spectroscopic techniques and heterogeneous catalysis, and theoretical modelling of interfacial processes.
- Development of efficient synthetic methods and controlled functionalization of vast arrays of high-quality colloidal ZnO NCs
- Developing surface coordination chemistry of ZnO NCs and understanding the fundamental mechanisms that govern their physicochemical properties
- Rational-by-design strategy of novel ZnO NCs: towards catalysis and bioapplication
- Synthesis of novel molecular homo- and hetrometllic building blocks as MOFs’ precursors
- Preparation of novel metallosupramolecular architectures with desired functionalities or programmable features by mechanochemical “SMART” strategy as s well as solution-based method
- MOFs functionalized with ZnO Nanocrystals
|Michał Leszczyński, Postdoc||Michał Terlecki, PhD Student|
|Katarzyna Sołtys Brzostek, PhD Student||Anna Wojewódzka, PhD Student|
|Julia Wielgórska, Master Student||Vadzim Sheiko, Master Student|
|Dominik Dębowski, Master Student|
- Dr. David Fairen-Jimenez, Department of Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Cambridge
- Dr. Gaël De Paëpe, Institut Nanosciences et Cryogénie, CEA – Grenoble Alpes University
- Dr. Jacinto Sá, Department of Chemistry–Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University
- Prof. Oren A. Scherman, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge
- M. Wolska-Pietkiewicz, A. Grala, I. Justyniak, D. Hryciuk, M. Jędrzejewska, J. Grzonka, K. Kurzydłowski, J. Lewinski
From well-defined alkylzinc phosphinates to quantum-sized ZnO nanocrystals
Chemistry – a European Journal, DOI: 10.1002/chem.201701823. WWW
Currently, there is an open recruitment for 2 student positions.
2 Bachelor/Master Students. The deadline for document submission is 24 September 2018. For more information click on the following documents.
Procedure of the Recruitment