TEAM Project No. TEAM/2016-2/14
Functional Hybrid Materials and Interfaces ‘FUNMAT-FACE’
Project leader: Prof. Janusz Lewiński
Project duration: April 2017 – March 2020
Project value: PLN 2 950 000
The project is realized within the TEAM programme of Foundation for Polish Science, cofinanced by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
The project aims to develop novel synthetic approaches leading from well-defined molecular components to various nano-scaled inorganic-organic materials with specific functions, which are now required to support the unprecedented technological advances that have occurred throughout the 21st century. By bringing together the most talented young researchers we plan to carry out a two-channel research program that will focus on the most important classes of inorganic-organic hybrid materials nowadays: (i) nanoparticulate semiconductors, represented herein by ZnO nanocrystals and (ii) 3D porous metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). The interdisciplinary research approach of this project will be supported by the reputable experts across the Europe in the areas of design and synthesis of dynamic self-assemblies, comprehensive structural characterization of interfaces, advanced time-resolved spectroscopic techniques and heterogeneous catalysis, and theoretical modelling of interfacial processes.
- Development of efficient synthetic methods and controlled functionalization of vast arrays of high-quality colloidal ZnO NCs
- Developing surface coordination chemistry of ZnO NCs and understanding the fundamental mechanisms that govern their physicochemical properties
- Rational-by-design strategy of novel ZnO NCs: towards catalysis and bioapplication
- Synthesis of novel molecular homo- and hetrometllic building blocks as MOFs’ precursors
- Preparation of novel metallosupramolecular architectures with desired functionalities or programmable features by mechanochemical “SMART” strategy as s well as solution-based method
- MOFs functionalized with ZnO Nanocrystals
No members yet. We are recruiting now.
- Dr. David Fairen-Jimenez, Department of Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Cambridge
- Dr. Gaël De Paëpe, Institut Nanosciences et Cryogénie, CEA – Grenoble Alpes University
- Dr. Jacinto Sá, Department of Chemistry–Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University
- Prof. Oren A. Scherman, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge
Recruitment procedure is in progress. We are now looking for postdocs. Deadline for applications is 20 June 2017.
The recruitment committee has been established and it is be responsible for the whole recruitment process. The committee comprises of 3 persons including the project leader. The representative of the Foundation of Polish Science has also been invited to participate in the recruitment procedure. The recruitment of the TEAM project members is performed in an open, two-step procedure.
Information about the Recruitment
Information about the open positions will be published in the Internet and given in both Polish and English. It will be visible at general websites like fnp.org.pl, ichf.edu.pl, or euraxess.ec.europa.eu, and the web page of the hosting research group: lewin.ch.pw.edu.pl. The information wil be oalso passed via electronic letters to administrators of chemistry departments in Poland.
What we offer
- Participation in high impact and timely research
- Access to unique technology and modern research laboratories
- Opportunity to work in a team of dedicated researchers and technologists
- Rewarding salary
Requirements for Postdoc candidates:
- PhD in chemistry (doctoral degree for not more than 5 years)
- Experience in synthesis and characterization of organometallic complexes with desired functionalities, organic-inorganic microporous (MOF-type) materials, or synthesis and characterization of ZnO nanocrystals
- Documented scientific achievements
- Knowledge of spectroscopic methods (IR, NMR, UV-Vis), X-ray Crystallography, or Electron Microscopy
- Good command in English
- Being team-oriented with good communication and management skills in order to work in an international context within a multidisciplinary team
- Creativity, self-reliance, being result-oriented
All candidates must submit the following documents:
- Job application
- Curriculum Vitae
- A summary of professional accomplishments (not exceeding 3500 characters), containing concise information about scientific interests, past achievements pointing out the three most important ones, participation in and running research projects and the candidate’s own research plans
- Scan or photocopy of the candidate’s university degree
- Scan or photocopy of the candidate’s post-graduate degree (if applicable)
- List of publications indicating a maximum of five of the most important studies carried out in the last 5 years of the candidate’s research work (after deduction of breaks in research), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects
- The number of citations of publications without self-citations, the h index and the number of years worked effectively in science (after deduction of breaks)
- Information about any breaks in performing research work, e.g. maternity leave, internship in industry, etc. When assessing the achievements of the candidate the Competition Committee shall take into account breaks in research and shall convert the candidate’s indicated achievements into effective years of scientific work
- List of research projects (application, implementation), which were headed by the candidate or where he/she was the main researcher and 1-3 major publications that were a result of the implementation of this project, or other tangible results of the project
- Application Form
- Two recommendation letters from independent researchers
- Cover letter
- Candidate’s declaration he/she has become acquainted with the General Rules Governing Competitions for Research Posts at the IChF PAN in Warsaw
- Consent to the processing of the candidate’s personal data for the purposes of the competition
Please submit your signed application together with accompanying documents in one e-mail entitled “PostDoc TEAM” to the e-mail address email@example.com before 20 June 2017.
Criteria for assessing candidates
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author, or a significant author (the importance of the candidate’s work in a given publication may be highlighted by the corresponding author/person conducting the research in a separate letter to the committee) and patent applications/patents and/or implementation (if applicable)
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (including completed research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry)
- The number of citations of the candidate’s work, especially those works in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or a significant author
Top candidates will be invited for an interview with the Recruitment Committee. Final decision will be reached upon assessment of the scientific experience, field of interest and potential input which the candidate can bring into the project. Detailed report describing all stages of the selection procedure will be written, signed and reported to the Foundation for Polish Science. Employment shall be in accordance with the IPC PAS and Foundation for Polish Science regulations as well as TEAM Competition Documentation (TEAM 2/2016).