TEAM Project No. TEAM/2016-2/14
Functional Hybrid Materials and Interfaces ‘FUNMAT-FACE’
Project leader: Prof. Janusz Lewiński
Project duration: April 2017 – March 2020
Project value: PLN 2 950 000
The project is realized within the TEAM programme of Foundation for Polish Science, cofinanced by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
The project aims to develop novel synthetic approaches leading from well-defined molecular components to various nano-scaled inorganic-organic materials with specific functions, which are now required to support the unprecedented technological advances that have occurred throughout the 21st century. By bringing together the most talented young researchers we plan to carry out a two-channel research program that will focus on the most important classes of inorganic-organic hybrid materials nowadays: (i) nanoparticulate semiconductors, represented herein by ZnO nanocrystals and (ii) 3D porous metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). The interdisciplinary research approach of this project will be supported by the reputable experts across the Europe in the areas of design and synthesis of dynamic self-assemblies, comprehensive structural characterization of interfaces, advanced time-resolved spectroscopic techniques and heterogeneous catalysis, and theoretical modelling of interfacial processes.
- Development of efficient synthetic methods and controlled functionalization of vast arrays of high-quality colloidal ZnO NCs
- Developing surface coordination chemistry of ZnO NCs and understanding the fundamental mechanisms that govern their physicochemical properties
- Rational-by-design strategy of novel ZnO NCs: towards catalysis and bioapplication
- Synthesis of novel molecular homo- and hetrometllic building blocks as MOFs’ precursors
- Preparation of novel metallosupramolecular architectures with desired functionalities or programmable features by mechanochemical “SMART” strategy as s well as solution-based method
- MOFs functionalized with ZnO Nanocrystals
No members yet. We are recruiting now.
- Dr. David Fairen-Jimenez, Department of Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Cambridge
- Dr. Gaël De Paëpe, Institut Nanosciences et Cryogénie, CEA – Grenoble Alpes University
- Dr. Jacinto Sá, Department of Chemistry–Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University
- Prof. Oren A. Scherman, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge
Recruitment procedure is in progress. Deadline for applications was 24 April 2017.
The recruitment committee has been established and it is be responsible for the whole recruitment process. The committee comprises of 3 persons including the project leader. The representative of the Foundation of Polish Science has also been invited to participate in the recruitment procedure. The recruitment of the TEAM project members is performed in an open, two-step procedure.
Information about the Recruitment
Information about the open positions for Students and PhD Students will be published in the Internet and given in both Polish and English. It will be visible at general websites like fnp.org.pl, ichf.edu.pl, or euraxess.ec.europa.eu, and the web page of the hosting research group: lewin.ch.pw.edu.pl. The information wil be oalso passed via electronic letters to administrators of chemistry departments in Poland.
What we offer
- Participation in high impact and timely research
- Access to unique technology and modern research laboratories/li>
- Opportunity to work in a team of dedicated researchers and technologists/li>
- Stipends of 4000 PLN/month for PhD Students and 2000 PLN/month for Students
for PhD Student candidates:
- Status of PhD student in chemistry
- MSc degree in chemistry or biotechnology
- Recommended experience in laboratory work in field of inorganic chemistry/coordination chemistry/hybrid inorganic-organic functional materials/semiconductor nanomaterials
- Good command in English
for Student candidates:
- Status of bachelor or master student
- Basic knowledge in inorganic, organic and organometallic chemistry
- Communicativity in English
All candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Recommendation letter (only for PhD Students)
- Cover letter
- Transcript of records and, if applicable, a copy of BSc. or MSc. Diploma
Please submit your signed application together with accompanying documents in one e-mail entitled “PhD Student TEAM” or “Student TEAM”, depending on the position you are applying for, to the e-mail address email@example.com before 24 April 2017.
Selection will be based on:
- academic results (grade point average for students, transcript of records for graduate students)
- research experience in the scope of research conducted within the project
- recommendation letter (for Ph.D. Students)
- achievements (awards, prizes, scholarships)
- knowledge of English
Top candidates in each group will be asked for an interview before the same Recruitment Committee. Final decision will be reached upon judgment of the scientific experience, field of interest and potential input into the project which the candidate can bring into the project. Detailed report describing all stages of the selection procedure will be written, signed and reported to the Foundation for Polish Science.